Chicago native and U.S. citizen working in Canada. Licensed to practice law in the U.S. and in Canada. Big-4 public accounting experience. Cross-border taxation issues for multinational companies and individuals, international corporate reorganizations, OVDI, tax controversy, corporate reorganization recommendations, mergers & acquisitions, loss utilization strategies, HNWI planning, hybrid debt-equity instruments, overall foreign losses, international boycott income, LOB provisions, reorganizations (A, B, C, D, E, and F).
Maintain positive client relationships and manage projects at all levels. Adept at explaining tax issues in easy terms - without technical jargon - so clients understand what they're getting into. Leader who believes in sharing knowledge. Public speaker and presenter. Go-to for sophisticated planning.
- US — Personal
- US — Trusts and Other
- US — Rental Property and Real Estate
- Estate Planning — Trusts/GRE
- Presented at Tax Update 2017
- Presented at Tax Adventure 2016
- Article: RESP and TFSA - United States Citizens
- Article: IRS Unveils New Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures for Non-resident, Non-filer U.S. Taxpayers
- Article: Common Situations in which a U.S. Citizen in Canada May Owe U.S. Tax
- Article: IRS Announcement - U.S. Citizens
Connect with Brian on LinkedIn or Email