How will the major tax changes over the past three years affect the work that corporate lawyers and accountants do for private corporations, partnerships, trusts, and owner-managed businesses?
This 2-hour pre-recorded webinar takes a macro-view of the significant tax changes for owner-managed businesses, including:
- limitations to income splitting;
- passive income taxation; and
- small business deduction restrictions when sales are made between corporations or partnerships where there is common ownership
We will review the basic concepts of the tax changes, examine the interplay of the changes, and consider the expected impact on current and future corporate structures and trends. We will identify risk areas, opportunities, and expected areas in which legal support will be needed to a greater extent.
The goal is to prepare the viewer for:
- questions and directions that will come from accountants, businesses and tax advisors;
- highlight areas of tax law that will become more relevant and applicable; and
- provide practical suggestions for addressing the trends.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Professionals that perform corporate, insurance, real estate, wills and estate, and/or mergers/acquisition legal support. A basic tax knowledge is recommended.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- 24/7 access to the Course Portal during your session times
- 2-hour online video (Video may be watched at any time and as many times as required during your session.)
- Electronic textbook and material
- Online course quiz
- Completion Certificate (2 hours) pending successful completion of the quiz
Click here for pricing and policies.
Choose the location registration ($598) and the course can be viewed by all employees at your firm/location. For this course only, we are encouraging you to invite your legal colleagues to attend the viewing as well.
The webinar can also be viewed individually for $198/person.