Information gatherers are your first line of defense. Arm staff with the tools to organize, assemble and report information, as well as identify potential issues and planning opportunities. This course will transition the registrant’s theoretical knowledge into practical skills.
Newbies to Ninjas: Corporate Tax is targeted to improve efficiency and accuracy of newer preparers completing corporate tax returns for owner-manager and small businesses. This concise online 2.5-hour topic-by-topic course will have your newer tax preparers preparing Corporate Tax Returns like ninjas!
The course is perfect for newer tax preparers with some theoretical knowledge and/or a minimum of 1 year of practical experience including:
- new team members with some tax knowledge/experience,
- accountants in industry,
- tax preparers that have been out of the industry for a period or are looking for a brush up on the fundamentals
First registrant: $199
Additional registrants: $99
(Same firm, location, and order form)
Student discount: $30 off
(use discount code 78912, proof of student status may be required)
Complimentary Moderator Registration
(available after for groups with 6 or more registrants)
See Terms and Conditions for more details.
- 1 week access to the Online Course Portal
- 2.5 hours of online video – The video can be stopped and started as many times as needed between the session dates.
- Electronic textbook and appendices (You will need to download and/or print prior to viewing the video.)
- Quick reference guides including a "T2 Checklist - Basic Returns for Small Business"
- Online course quiz
- Professional Development Certificate pending the successful completion of the quiz (2.5 hours)
- T2 Identification and Information
- Net Income and Taxable Income
- Capital Assets
- Small Business Deduction and associated issues
- Dividends Paid and Received
- Corporate Losses
- CRA Services/Support
REGISTRANTS WILL LEAVE THIS COURSE WITH A BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF:
- Major Corporate Tax Topics — the ins, outs and current trends
- CRA Administrative policy
- How to gather the right information
- The right questions to ask clients
- When to refer certain issues to a manager or partner
- Selected planning considerations
- Operational Best Practices
Register 6 or more participants:
1 complimentary registration will be provided for the group moderator. Expect a minimum of 7 days advance access.