Registration Opens Summer 2018
This LIVE 2-day seminar generally runs annually from September to November at 14-16 locations across Canada.
Confirmed dates and details will be available mid-June 2018.
Stay in the loop! Sign up for the email list to be notified when more details are available.
About This Seminar
Protect your clients and yourself; be aware of planning strategies and pitfalls. Tax Update 2018 will be the 34th annual installment of the most current tax information and CRA policies.
This fast-paced and highly detailed course offers hundreds of practical insights and suggestions in a simple and straightforward manner. After many years of receiving top ratings, you can rest assured that this session is sure to offer you a strong and effective base for the upcoming season of planning and compliance.
Who Should Attend?
All accountants, lawyers and professional advisors who must be aware of income tax considerations.
If you have clients that are owner-managed businesses, small to mid-sized corporations, or individuals looking for comprehensive tax planning, then this Tax Update is for you!
- CRA administrative changes and initiatives; intercorporate dividends; salary-dividends mix; estate planning; divorce and family changes; buying and selling a business; kiddie tax on trust and partnerships; loss utilization plans; medical expenses; charities and NPOs; US & international tax initiatives; TFSAs; partnerships; hiring credits; tax shelters; GST/HST; and CCA.
- Special discussion on the Federal Budget, including changes related to limitations on access to the small business deduction across corporate groups and partnerships.
- 2-day intensive Tax Update
- Over 500 pages of detailed material
- Specially formatted notes that are easy to follow and search
- Electronic textbook with links - the electronic version of the text allows you to highlight and make searchable notes for future action. This is an efficient and effective research tool, available for the personal use of the registrant
- Live and video interviews by knowledgeable tax specialists
- Electronic Audience Response System – a voluntary and anonymous voting tool that will provide immediate feedback on trends in the industry
- Follow-up 30 minute webinar updating registrants on changes that have happened since the publication of the textbook and summary of trends collected by the presenters as they travelled across the country.
- Integration tables
- Light lunch
- Update video plus quiz discussing changes that have occurred since the publication of the textbook.
Tentative locations for 2018
- Alberta - Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Red Deer
- British Columbia - Vancouver Area, Victoria Area, Kelowna
- Ontario - Ajax, Barrie, Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo, Ottawa, Toronto Area, Windsor
- Saskatchewan - Saskatoon
- Manitoba - Winnipeg