Pricing and Policies
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Save $20 by registering before August 18, 2017 @ 4:30PM (MDT).
- Groups (4-9): $569/registrant
- Groups (10+): $543/registrant
MORE THAN 30 REGISTRANTS?
Contact us for a special offer!
WIN YOUR REGISTRATION!
Refer a NEW REGISTRANT and be entered into a draw to have your 2017 Tax Update Registration fee waived or reimbursed. Promotion ends August 11, 2017 at 4:30PM (MDT). To be entered into the draw, ensure the NEW REGISTRANT you have referred inserts your name as a referral on their registration form. NEW REGISTRANTS may add only one referral name.
- 2-day intensive tax update instructed by a panel of Canadian tax specialists
- Live and video interviews by knowledgeable specialists
- Over 500 pages of detailed material both in printed and electronic formats
- Integration tables
- The electronic version of the text includes links to source documents including Technical Interpretations, court cases, articles, etc. Registrants can highlight and make searchable notes for future action. This is a very efficient and effective tool.
- Electronic Audience Response System - a voluntary and anonymous voting tool that will provide immediate feedback on trends
- Follow-up 30 minute webinar updating registrants on changes that have happened since the publication of the textbook and summary of trends collected by the presenters as they travelled across the country. (Available on the Video Tax News' portal December 1-31, 2017)
- PD certificate for up to 14hrs (see below for details)
- Light lunch
EMAIL ADDRESSES — Unique email addresses are required for each registrant.
NAME CHANGES — Name changes may be made at any time at no charge. However, a written notice is appreciated by either email (email@example.com) or fax 1-877-437-4455. Please note that the same person must attend BOTH days.
TRANSFER BETWEEN CITIES — Seminar Transfer requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pending availability, transfers received more than 7 days prior to the seminar are subject to an $85 fee. No transfers will be processed within 7 days of the seminar. Fees are subject to tax. Registration rate differences may apply.
CANCELLATION (1–3 REGISTRANTS) — Notice of cancellation requests must be received in writing to email@example.com. Cancellations received more than 7 days prior to the seminar are subject to an $125 fee. No refunds for cancellations within 7 days of the seminar. Fees are subject to tax. Refunds will be processed to the original form of payment.
CANCELLATION (4+ REGISTRANTS) — No refunds for cancellations. Consider a name change or a transfer to a different city. (See the details above.)
NO SHOW — Unfortunately, there is no refund for registrants who do not attend the seminar for which they are registered. This includes reasons such as inclement weather, scheduling conflicts or for any other reason. If you miss the seminar but would still like the material, we would be happy to ship them to you. Send us an email request within 7 days of the seminar and we will ship the materials as soon as possible. Shipping charges apply.
SPLITTING REGISTRATIONS — Your 2 day fee entitles the SAME person to attend BOTH days. A different person may attend the second day for an additional $169.
LATE FEE — If a registration is received less than 7 days before a seminar, a $25 fee applies. Registration on the day of will be processed only if space is available for a fee of $125. Cheques received during the 7 days prior to a seminar will not be accepted.
CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION — Registrations are confirmed once the registrant receives a confirmation email from Video Tax News. (If you are missing it, please call 1-877-438-2057.) Please note that all registrations are processed on a “first come, first served” basis and only once both the payment and registration are received. Seats are not “held” when a registration without payment is received under any circumstances. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted.
ALLERGY ALERT — A special meal can be ordered upon request. A minimum of 5 business days prior written notice is required. There is a $40 charge for “day of” meal changes or for unclaimed “special” meals. Please note that we cannot guarantee that the food has not been in contact with your sensitivity.
DAY OF — Registrants are required to visibly display their Access Pass for admittance to all seminar sessions and lunch.
PD CERTIFICATES — Once seminar participation has been verified for both days a 13.5 hour PD certificate will be emailed to registrants. ID may be required at the course. New! From December 1-31, 2017 an update video and short quiz (about the update video) will be provided to all registrants. Results of 70% or higher will result in a 0.5 hour PD certificate.
INSTRUCTORS — Video Tax News reserves the right to substitute instructors as a result of extenuating circumstances.
SPECIAL NEEDS — Please advise 10 business days prior to your seminar date for any special requirements and we will do our best to accommodate. Written notice is required.
GROUP REGISTRATIONS (4 OR MORE) — There must be only one registration form, one cheque or VISA/MasterCard payment, one mailing address, one seminar location, no additions, no cancellations. No exceptions. Group Discounts expire 21 days prior to the seminar start date. If you believe your group will be 10 or more, please let us know by fax or phone as soon as possible.
DISCOUNT/PROMOTIONS/FEES — Discounts must be applied at the time of registration and are not retroactive. If a registrant is not eligible for an applied discount, the balance owing must be paid to confirm registration.
- Save $20: Early Bird Discount — register before August 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM (MDT).
- NEW REGISTRANT save $100! Promotion ends August 11, 2017 at 4:30PM (MDT). NEW REGISTRANT is any person who has NEVER attended the 2-day fall Tax Update seminar. Not sure if that is you? Contact the office to verify your status. 1-877-438-2057.
- Attend the seminar for FREE! Refer a NEW REGISTRANT and be entered into a draw to have your 2017 Tax Update Registration fee waived or reimbursed. Promotion ends August 11, 2017 at 4:30PM (MDT). To be entered into the draw, ensure the NEW REGISTRANT you have referred inserts your name as a referral on their registration form. NEW REGISTRANTS may add only one referral name.
- ORGANIZER BONUS When a group of 30 or more is organized, the organizer’s registration (the 31st group member) is FREE. Contact us toll free at 1-877-438-2057 for more information.
Each registrant must acknowledge the following statements:
I understand - that the seminar course materials, all works, including written material, verbal presentations, guest speakers, video interviews, video presentations, online content, source documents, references, participant comments and any discussions before, during, and after seminar, deal with complex matters and may not apply to particular facts and circumstances. The material is time and case sensitive and is for educational purposes for financial professionals only. For these reasons, the course material should not be relied upon as a substitute for specialized professional advice in connection with any particular matter. Neither Video Tax News Inc. nor any of the persons involved in the preparation of the material accepts any legal responsibility for its contents or for any consequences arising from its use.
I understand - that the course materials are copyrighted and are for paid registrant use only and may not be shared in any way in whole or in part with those who have not registered, unless through written permission of Video Tax News Inc. This material, along with all material produced by Video Tax News Inc., is protected in Canada as well as internationally, under copyright law. In order to avoid loss of revenue and/or reputation, Video Tax News Inc. reserves the right to impose penalties ranging from the cancellation of any and all Works, current or future, without notice and without refund, to the legal prosecution to the full extent of the law, should any instance of copyright infringement occur.
I understand - that any misuse of the material will be subject to consequences deemed appropriate by Video Tax News Inc. as to the cancellation of services and materials, present or future, or legal prosecution to the full extent of the law.