About This Seminar
Protect your clients and yourself; be aware of 2017 planning strategies and pitfalls. Tax Update 2017 – Fresh Ideas and New Snags, is the 33rd annual installment of the most current tax information and Canada Revenue Agency policies.
This fast-paced and highly detailed course offers hundreds of practical insights and suggestions in a simple and straightforward manner. After many years of receiving top ratings, you can rest assured that this session is sure to offer you a strong and effective base for the upcoming season of planning and compliance.
Updates including (but not limited to): proposed tax changes for private corporations (July 18, 2017 release); new small business deduction rules; new real estate and principal residence tax rules; remuneration strategies for owner-managers; tax effective remuneration for employees; trust and estate planning rules; 2017 federal and provincial budget changes; planning in the new United States regime; CRA administrative changes and initiatives; divorce and family changes; buying and selling a business; charities and NPOs; employer/employee issues; United States & international initiatives; partnerships; GST/HST; SR&ED; and various personal tax credits and deductions.
Discover which date and location is right for you!
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Save $20 by registering before August 18, 2017 @ 4:30PM MDT.
Who Should Attend?
All accountants, lawyers and professional advisors who must be aware of income tax considerations. If you have clients that are owner-managed businesses, small to mid-sized corporations, or individuals looking for comprehensive tax filing and planning, then this Tax Update is for you!
- 2-day intensive Tax Update instructed by a panel of Canadian tax specialists
- Live and video interviews by knowledgeable specialists
- Over 500 pages of detailed material both in printed and electronic formats
- Integration tables
- The electronic version of the text includes links to source documents including Technical Interpretations, court cases, articles, etc. Registrants can highlight and make searchable notes for future action. This is a very efficient and effective tool.
- Electronic Audience Response System - a voluntary and anonymous voting tool that will provide immediate feedback on trends
- Follow-up 30 minute webinar updating registrants on changes that have happened since the publication of the textbook and summary of trends collected by the presenters as they travelled across the country. (Available on the Video Tax News' portal December 1-31, 2017)
- PD certificate for up to 14 hrs (see terms and conditions for details)
- Light lunch
* Please note: Although Tom will not be the main presenter at all the cities, he will be at each city to introduce and oversee the program, as well as, give high-fives and express his sincere appreciation to all the attendees that have participated enthusiastically over the past 33 years of tax fun.