About This Seminar
Tax Update 2018, is the 34th annual installment of the most current tax information and Canada Revenue Agency policies.
This fast-paced and highly detailed course offers hundreds of practical insights and suggestions in a simple and straightforward manner. After many years of receiving top ratings, you can rest assured that this session is sure to offer you a strong and effective base for the upcoming season of planning and compliance.
Updates including (but not limited to):
New income splitting rules; new corporate passive investment income rules; small business deduction rules; planning and compliance of intercorporate dividends (Section 55); trust and estate planning rules; implications of United States tax reform on Canadians; real estate and principal residence tax rules; remuneration strategies for owner-managers; tax effective remuneration for employees; 2018 federal and provincial budget changes; CRA administrative changes and initiatives; divorce and family changes; buying and selling a business; charities and NPOs; employer/employee issues; GST/HST; and various personal tax credits and deductions.
Discover which date and location is right for you!
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Save $20 by registering before August 31, 2018 @ 4:30PM MDT.
Who Should Attend?
All accountants and other professional advisors who must be aware of income tax considerations. If you have clients that are owner-managed businesses, small to mid-sized corporations, or individuals looking for comprehensive tax filing and planning, then this Tax Update is for you!
- 2-day intensive tax update instructed by a panel of Canadian tax specialists
- Live and video interviews by knowledgeable specialists
- Over 500 pages of detailed material both in printed and electronic formats. The electronic version includes links to source documents including Technical Interpretations, court cases, and articles. Registrants can highlight and make searchable notes for future action.
- Integration tables
- Electronic Audience Response System - a voluntary and anonymous voting tool that will provide immediate feedback on trends
- Follow-up webinar (minimum of 30 minutes) including breaking news and developments subsequent to the publication of the textbook, as well as a summary of trends collected by the presenters as they travelled across the country. (Available on the Video Tax News' portal December 1-31, 2018)
- PD certificate for up to 14 hours (see terms and conditions for details)
- Light lunch each day