Getting issued a warrant from the CRA can be stressful. Watch Paul K. Grower BA (Hons), LLB and Joseph R. Devaney CPA, CA discuss the 5 "Rs" for accountants to follow if this happens.
These are the five “R”s that will get you through it:
- Relax – try to – lots of pressure and stress
- Respond – review warrant / call counsel
- Remember – who / what / where / why?
- Recognize – privilege and protect it
- You cannot assert privilege over it “all”.
- But, if in doubt – assert (CRA should seal the docs).
- Report – to client and counsel ASAP.
Want to learn more from Paul? Register for the Lunch and Learn course Tax Disputes.